Albert House specialises in accommodation for International Students and caters to the needs and requirements of students from various Asian countries.
The Accommodation – Home Away From Home
Albert House offers 43 comfortable, clean and safe rooms of various types and sizes including:
- Single ensuite room;
- Single large room with shared bathroom;
- Single room with shared bathroom;
- Single with skylight room with shared bathroom (small & medium room);
- Twin large with skylight room with shared bathroom;
- Twin ensuite room;
- Twin share large room with shared bathroom;
- Twin share room with shared bathroom
Some of the rooms are available as Premium Room with upgraded and additional furnishing including mini fridge, safe box etc.
The Accommodation offers the following furnishing and facilities:
- Fully furnished room ( with bed, mattress, table, chair, book case, wardrobe, table lamp, shoe rack, laundry basket, heater, fan and side table)
- Complimentary Free Wireless Internet Access (common areas & room) between 7G – 15G per month;
- Electrical appliances provided including hot boiling water system (providing instant filtered boiling water), refrigerators, microwaves & toasters in the dining hall and also on the 2nd Floor pantry;
- Entertainment lounge for students to hang out and relax with comfortable sofas, coffee table, a 40 inch flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Piano for students to practise and further improve their skills or simply for relaxation;
- Simple but effective mailing system where all mails and packages are sorted and inserted into their own personal mail box;
- Coin operated washing machine and dryer for students’ laundry;
- Weekly cleaning of all common areas and bathrooms;
- A huge garage to cater for sports activities (table tennis & pool), bike storage & college projects/assignments.
We serve a variety of appetizing and tasty hot home cooked meal mainly Asian cuisine with warm nourishing soups, great selection of desserts and varieties of fruit.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served from Monday to Friday.
- Brunch is served on Saturday, Public Holiday and term breaks.
- No hot meals on Sunday but students have access to varieties of food for breakfast including cereals, bread, jam, milk, fruit juice, coffee, tea, Milo etc.
- No meals served during mid term break (June/Jul & Dec/Jan).
Security & building safety
- 24 hours CCTV Surveillance Security Camera at all entrances and main common areas.
- Our short driveway to our garage at the back lane leads to a dead end (accessible to us and our neighbours only) and Police has installed a 24 hours CCTV Surveillance Security Camera overlooking the entrance to the back lane.
- For additional security, the access doors to the second and third floor where all the rooms are located are locked and accessible only by students with their given keys.
- Fire alarms, smoke detectors, fire doors and water sprinklers are installed in all rooms and common areas.
- Our visitor policy is that visitors are not allowed access to the second and third floors without valid reason and prior approval from the management. We have designated the dining hall as a meeting place for visitors, whether for casual or study purposes. No visitors are allowed after 9 pm everyday.
- Smoking & Alcohol consumption are strictly prohibited in Albert House.